Thursday, May 15, 2008

At Home Manicure

I'm going to show my age here lol. My daughter was putting on fingernail polish tonight and it brought back a memory of a t.v. commercial.

How many of you remember Marge the manicurists? Women would come to her shop she'd have them soaking their nails in a bowl of water. They'd get to talking about Palmalive(sp) dish washing liquid. Marge would say "you're soaking in it now" the ladies would jerk their hands out of the water. She'd say relax it's ok.

Anyway, I decided to give myself a manicure tonight. So I got a bowl of warm water and put shampoo in it. To me using something I like the scent to makes a experience even better. Then soaked my nails for about 10 minutes. They were shiny and soft when I took them out. I filed(probably should of done this before soaking) my nails then my daughter applied polish.

My nails look and feel great. It's fun to pamper yourself especially when it doesn't cost a small fortune.

2 comments:

Cathy Miller said...

I remember Marge! I also remember sitting at my parents' kitchen table soaking my own nails in a bowl of Palmolive! How fun to recall that!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your day!

Aggy said...

I too remember that commercial. Funny, because I was thinking of that same commercial a few weeks ago while out buying the stuff to do your nails with. I like the idea of using something that you use regularly like shampoo. I have a favorite body wash I may try when I do mine.